Updated and Effective April 6, 2018
What we collect
In order for you to create an account on MenuBubble and use our Services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of our Services, this may include:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on MenuBubble — your name, email, telephone number, login, and password details. We will ask for this information if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through MenuBubble, or request any information;
- Information about your activity on and interaction with MenuBubble (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the site);
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- Information that you submit to MenuBubble when acting as a meal provider (for example, uploaded images, and mailing address)
How we use this information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure;
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve, promote, and protect our Services;
- To set up and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience on MenuBubble (for example, to show you projects that we think may interest you based on your previous use); and
- To track use of our Services so that we can improve MenuBubble.
How this information is shared
Information that's shared publicly:
When you write a review, your account name, picture and comment will be displayed in the following manner: First Name. First Letter of Last Name
For example: John D.
When you decide to serve as a meal provider all images, text and other additional information needed to fulfill that role will be accessible to users and visitors.
Information that isn't shared publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed:
- Your login details;
- Your IP address;
- Your phone number;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. We do not and will not sell your data.
Information that's shared with trusted third-party services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect MenuBubble's Services. When we share data with third-party services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we've authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may also share information that's aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn't directly identify you.
Information that's shared to protect MenuBubble & comply with the law
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect MenuBubble's legal rights.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send.
You will receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time.
We'll also send you service-related announcements when it's necessary to do so.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Access to Your Information
To modify or delete the personal information you've provided to us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.